Thursday, November 18, 2010

12 x 12 layout 'My Family is My Home'

I have been planning this layout basically since a started scrapping! The chipboard picket fence was one of my first ever purchases from an online srapbook store! I have just been waiting and gathering bits and pieces to get it done.
I had so much fun with the fence. First I painted it with Distress Crackle Paint in Antique Linen. I found it a bit too 'yellow' for this project so I gently dry brush painted some white acryic paint over the top and then sealed it all with some Glass Finish in Sepia. The Glass Finish stuff is great, its by Folkart Papier or something (im not sure theres so many names on the bottle lol) I picked it up at Lincraft for $1!!! It was in a bargain bin with some paints and I bought all the bottles I could find (6). Its basically like Glossy Accents, but its tinted and not quite as precise. Awesome for $1, thats for sure.
I really enjoyed the painting technique (if you could call it that) isnt there something so soothing about paint?
Other produst used:
My Minds Eye, Life stories
K & Company, Brianna
Black cardstock
iamroses Cherry Blossoms
'family' rhinestome word (I forget who its by, if I remember I'll update)

No comments:

Post a Comment